Sunday, April 27, 2014

My Carbon Footprint

http://www.footprintnetwork.org/en/index.php/GFN/page/calculators/

Yes, this is a very good website for students; especially the younger ones. This one has a lot of pictures to help you along the way and keep you interacting and interested.

My Carbon Footprint is 4.9 of our Earths.

3 ways to reduce

a) My Carbon Footprint are to not travel as much, eat less imported foods/ more naturaly grown foods from our area, and get more ecosystem efficient things for my home so im not wasting energy.

b) The Schools' Carbon Footprint are to push for recycling everything possible, setting up a compost pile to turn food waste into energy, and maybe trying to get/make solar pannels and get more energy efficient equiptment.

c) The Communitys' Carbon Footprint are to set up recycling cans right next to every trash can, make more parking lots near the river permeable, and to start teaching people and kids the importance of every bit of energy saving!

     The Carbon Footprint has helped me learn about the importance of what i am doing bad ofr our ecosystem. So now i am going to be doing a project for decomposition. In connection I am going to set up a compost pile at my school and put food waste from lunch to good use. We will beable to use it as good soil for plants. We will also beable to use it for energy and lots of other things. I am very excited to see how this turns out, and what this will do to make our school better for the environment.

No comments:

Post a Comment